Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go
Despite economic conditions, your best employees – the ones you need most – want one thing from you, plain and simple: to support their growth and development. Engagement research confirms that development is the single most powerful tool managers have for driving commitment and productivity.
Join best-selling author Beverly Kaye as she shares helpful tips to make your organization’s career development efforts more powerful. Kaye’s latest book, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want will show you how managers and training professionals can help others ‘grow with the flow’, translating the sometimes static task of development into a dynamic and organic process that’s embedded into all work and learning.
You will learn:
- Why career development is more important now than ever.
- The five reasons managers avoid talking with their employees about their careers.
- What career development really is today - and what it’s not.
- Ways the training/learning function can help the organization optimize its talent.
- The one question you can weave into any training course to reinforce career development.