Debs is an inspirational leader with more than 20 years’ experience in reward and benefits. She is director of reward, employee relations, people services and inclusion at Shop Direct, the UK-based business behind online retailers Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com.
At Shop Direct, Debs spearheads the diversity and inclusion agenda. This included the company’s first ever Inclusion:Live event in 2019, a five day programme of internal events that brought colleagues together to unpick the need for inclusivity and help teams collaborate even more successfully.
Other initiatives include supporting Pride events in the company’s local communities and raising awareness of important topics such as autism, Eid and LGBT history.
Debs also helped to shape a new approach to pay at Shop Direct, founded on market competitiveness and designed to increase fairness and transparency.
About Shop Direct
- Shop Direct is the UK’s largest integrated pureplay digital retailer and financial services provider, with annual sales of £1.96 billion.
- Its brands include Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and LittlewoodsIreland.ie.
The business receives an average of more than 1.4 million visits across its websites every day, with 74% of online sales completed on mobile devices.
- Shop Directs exists to make good things easily accessible to more people. With a multi-category range of famous brands, market-leading technology and data capabilities and unique financial services products offering flexible ways to pay, they’re well placed to deliver on that promise.
- The business sells more than 1,800 famous brands, including big name labels and its own exclusive brands, has four million customers and deliver 49 million products every year.
- Later this year, Shop Direct will rebrand to The Very Group as part of plans to bring its name and identity in line with its largest and fastest growing retail brand, Very.co.uk.