Imagine it’s a Monday morning and you’ve just arrived to the office. How’s your mood? Are you excited to be at work? Does the prospect of a new week get you excited? Are you smiling?
Happiness in the workplace may sound like a pie-in-the-sky concept, but the good news is, it’s not. Although happiness has often been attributed to an individual, there are things managers and companies can do to help foster a happy office environment. Here are five of our favorite links from around the web to help get your office smiling.
1. Why Happiness at Work Matters – (Inc.)
2. Make Fun a Workplace Priority for Happier Staff and Clients – (Lifehacker)
3. The Benefits of Bringing More Play into Your Work – (tinybuddha)
4. 5 Simple Office Policies That Make Danish Workers Way More Happy Than Americans – (FastCo.Exist)
5. Reframing Your Way to Happiness – (Forbes)
Maintaining a happy and fulfilling home life is a goal most of us have. So, with most of our waking lives spent at work, striving for the same at work makes perfect sense. Keep these tips and insights in mind as you and your company works to keep your employees happy and engaged.